Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Christmas in May?

By Lauren

I know it's not food related but I just had to share. The block cracked on my old van about 6 months ago and for about the third time since I first received my license when I was 16, I was immobile again. I FINALLY, finally saved enough money (thank you tax season) to buy a car about 3-4 weeks ago and it's been sitting in my driveway waiting for the tag to come from Florida to New York. I didn't want to register it here because I'm just in New York for culinary school.

Friday my mom almost over-nighted it but when she got to the court house to transfer it, she forgot my insurance ID and they were closing. So she sent it yesterday,  Monday, to be overnighted. I came home all ready to see a big shining FedEx package on my steps and to my utter disbelief-no orange and purple envelope.

Back to foot patrol/ car pooling.

A phone call later, I learned that yet another road block-this time in the form of a canceled flight-was holding up my "overnight" package. So now, tomorrow is CAR DAY! ...I hope. It almost feels like Christmas because all I want to do is go to sleep and wake up so that my tag is here and I'm back in business.

Say hello and goodnight to my cute little 4 cylinder ($4.27 a gallon for gas in NY), all wheel drive to get me through the snow, Subaru legacy:



Cute and special sunroof and leather interior. It's good not to be in a van. Everyone was mistaking me for a soccer mom. A work associate said she named her car "Baby" and I replied after a 6 months of car-less-ness I named mine "Freaking Miracle"

No comments:

Post a Comment